11.23.2012

goodbye...


you have always had All of My Love...
 
the man whom i fell in love with in high school in 1979, married in 1980,
had four wonderful children with, partnered with in life and business for 33 years,
loved our three grandsons with, and whom i separated from in 2012
passed away suddenly on Thursday, following injuries sustained in an accident.

he was a part of my life for two thirds of my life, 
and the memories i have of good times together will last forever.
regardless of our distance from one another,
there was still love in my heart for him.
i am so grateful for the love and laughter he brought into my life, 
and for the precious gifts of our son and daughters.

this photo was taken Thursday afternoon 
at Huntington Beach, California... where we met and our story began.
i never ever expected our story to end this way.....
i went there to say my own private goodbye to him
as our children said goodbye to him in Texas.

his passing is so very sad, as he had so much more life to live.
he will be missed in the hearts and lives of his children, grandsons, and parents...
i would appreciate any and all prayers you can send to them.

thank you


14 comments:

simple~needs said...

hugs, prayers and thoughts going out to you.

Christine said...

Yes, sending you prayers and a warm hug.

Alice said...

I'm so sorry, and a little lost for words. Sending hugs and prayers, and more hugs your way.

Florence said...

Sending you hugs and prayers. May you feel God's peace! Hugs! Florence

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Rizzo said...

I am so sorry for you loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dona said...

Prayers of peace to you and all who loved him. So unbelievably sad.

Deb Kennedy said...

I want to thank you all for your expressions of comfort and condolence. This certainly isn't an easy situation for anyone it touches or involves, and the caring thoughts of others can make sorrow bearable. Your compassion is a blessing...

That being said, I posted this as a memorial for and in honor of the man I loved with all of my heart for most of my life, the man who is the father of my children. While he and I had our difficulties, problems, and experiences over 32 years that led to the demise of our marriage, it does not mean that there was not still love there. Love is not easy. Love is not 'one size fits all', and it is not something that is ended by death.

I have worked VERY HARD in the past 14 months to overcome the negative emotions I had at the end of our relationship. My children are now dealing with negative emotions that are quite understandable in the face of their loss, and I ask that all comments here - which they are reading - please remain respectful of the fact that their father has died.

Their grief - and truly, mine as well - is separate from the negative parts of my past with him. I have had to let that go, not only in my own process of healing, but in order to release the love of my life so that he can go on and have peace. I want to have peace, and so do my children. His death solves nothing, closes nothing, ends nothing - except his life and his interactions with his family. It robs so many people of his presence and love, his laughter and spirit. My daughter was hurt by a comment posted above, and said "His death is not a period on the end of a sentence!", and I understand the pain with which she said it. I am sure the initial comment was meant to comfort and reassure, but it wasn't taken that way by a distraught young woman who has just lost her Dad.

I hope you understand this mother's heart as she sees the pain of her child, and wants to protect her as best I can.... <3

Meghan Grace said...

Dear Deb, I just want you to know how very sorry I am to hear of your husband's passing. I am just so sad for you and your children. I've been reading your blogs for some time now and you were on my mind quite a lot on Thursday-before I even learned of his death. Please know that although we are strangers, I truly care about all of you. Prayers during this incredibly devastating time. Hugs, Meghan

Karla Neese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla Neese said...

I am praying for you and your family during this time. May the God of peace send joy, love and renewed hope.

Debbie said...

Deb, we are so so sad to hear of your loss. We will be keeping you and your children and grandchildren in our prayers. ~Debbie and Shelley Mermaids of the Lake

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Debi, I want you to know I'm praying for you all.

Theresa said...

That is so terribly sad. I am so sorry for your families loss.

Truly really sad.